Double Up Promotion
Double up on your reading during the holiday period and beyond, with the Take Out Your Phone to Double Your Loans promotion. Simply use the NLB Mobile app to borrow your library items!
Skip the queue with the NLB Mobile app, and enjoy other features – you can read eBooks and even register for library events.
How to Scan and Borrow with the NLB Mobile app:
- Install and launch the NLB Mobile app
- Tap on the “Login” icon
- If you do not have myLibrary ID, tap on “Sign up” and follow the step-by-step guide shown below
- Once you have signed in on the NLB Mobile app, tap on the camera icon located at the top-left corner of the Home page
- Position phone camera over barcode of library item
- Tap “Borrow”!
1. What are my borrowing privileges during this promotion?
During this promotion, your loan quota will be doubled as long as you use the NLB Mobile app to borrow library material.
# This promotion period applies if you use the NLB Mobile app to borrow library items. Non-app users who are using the Book Borrowing Stations to checkout their items can enjoy the promotion from 19 May to 31 July 2018
* Note: One-time renewals are allowed for unreserved items except for magazines and audio-visual materials. Renewals should be done before or on the due date.
From 19 May 2018 to 30 September 2018, the loan quota for eBooks will also be doubled. Library users can borrow up to 16 eBooks each from these eBook collections – (i) Overdrive; (ii) Apabi; (iii) iRead eBook (formerly known as airitiBooks); and (iv) HyRead (Chinese eMagazines).
That means you can borrow up to a total of 64 eBooks during the Take Out Your Phone to Double Your Loans promotion.
2. Who is eligible for this promotion?
All National Library Board (NLB) library members are eligible for this promotion.
3. What is the loan period during the promotion?
The loan period during the promotion remains at 21 days for all library items. If you wish to have a longer loan period, please renew your library items before or on the due date. Do note that one-time renewals are allowed for unreserved items except for magazines and audio-visual materials.
4. Are renewals allowed during the promotion?
Yes, any unreserved library items, except audiovisuals and magazines, can be renewed before or on the due date during the promotion period. The one-time free renewal can be done via the eKiosk, the NLB Mobile app or the NLB website. Upon renewal, the loan period for the renewed items will be extended for another 21 days.
5. How many audio-visual materials can I borrow during this promotion period?
There is no loan quota for audio-visual materials during this promotion period. You can borrow from 16 to 32 items depending on your membership type. Please refer to the table in FAQ no. 1.
6. How many audio-visual materials can I borrow during this promotion period?
You can still borrow double the number of items at our Book Borrowing Stations from 19 May to 31 Jul 2018. To continue borrowing more items from 1 Aug to 30 Sep 2018, please use the NLB Mobile app.
(Updated: 18 May 2018)